OUTSIDE THE BOX: 66 THINGS TO GIVE UP OR TAKE UP FOR LENT (IN BEGINNER, INTERMEDIATE, AND ADVANCED)
Through my various Lenten fails over the years, I’ve learned a different way of approaching Lent. In our house, we now view Lent as a time to try adding or taking away things from our personal and family lives to see if we are improved. We make it a time, not of suffering (necessarily) but rather of increased focus on God and others and decreased focus on self and personal comfort. I have found that I can take up or give up just about anything, no matter how big or small, and use it as a reminder to pray more and love more. With that in mind, here are 66 ideas of things to consider giving up or taking up, in beginning, intermediate, and advanced levels, for beginning, intermediate, and advanced Lents.
- Resources for Lent – Featured Website of the Day: ChurchPOP (Five Hardcore Things to Give up for Lent)
- Resources for Lent – ChurchPOP
- Resources for Lent – Life Teen 20 Weird Things to do for Lent
- Resources for Lent – Yikes! Lent starts tomorrow! What do I do?
- Sin: Hating what God Hates, Homily for Monday, February 27, 2017