What is your priority? Or, in light of today’s gospel, who is your priority? It seems interesting that people of faith could make anyone other than Jesus a priority, but it happens. Moreover, it seems almost impossible that in the midst of a miracle, the power of Jesus could be questioned. But such is the case in today’s gospel. Eighteen years of suffering are relieved, but all some can see is the letter of Sabbath law.
What is your priority? Can you see beyond the letter of the law to the lawgiver? Can you allow Jesus to take over your heart? Can you love Jesus so that you will find him wherever he is present to you?
- Homily for Sunday, March 30, 2014
- You’ve seen what you need: Homily for Monday, October 16, 2017
- Homily for Saturday, October 25, 2014
- Homily for Saturday, June 28, 2014 (Immaculate Heart of Mary)
- Homily for Tuesday, January 20, 2015