On 18 March 2016, Fr Stanislaus Muyebe, Vice Provincial of the Vice Province of Southern Africa wrote a formal petition and called for the investigation of claims of corruption and injustice in the Government of President Jacob Zuma of South Africa. In the petition, Fr Muyebe requested Thuli Madonsela, the Public Protector of South Africa to investigate the report that the Family of Guptas were influencing ministerial appointment to their own advantage which amounts to injustice and corruption.
According to the “State of Capture”, the report of the Public Protector which was released in October 2016, it was clearly stated that the investigation emanated as a result of the petition lodged against President Zuma by Fr Muyebe on behalf of the Dominican Order in Southern Africa.
Read the whole story at: http://www.op.org/en/content/dominican-friars-southern-african-fight-corruption-government-president-zuma
- Dominicans in Africa and the Challenge of Prophetic Witness
- Helping Already Born: NY Catholic Charities and Soccer
- Fr Bruno Cadoré and others receive “The Martin de Porres Award” at Dominican Family Conference
- Dominican Province in Nigeria Jubilee Celebration Planned
- President And Vice President Of The U.S. Conference Of Catholic Bishops Stand In Defense Of All Faiths In Response To Executive Order On Refugees