The visit of frs Bruno and Vivian was brief but a very special occasion for us here in Tehran. It was repeatedly said to me afterwards that their presence was a wonderful reminder that we are not forgotten but are part of a greater family of brothers and sisters who remember us and pray for us. On the first evening, we went to visit a small group of the Chaldean/Assyrian community who had gathered for Mass with Archbishop Ramsi, a bishop who had studied with the Dominicans in Iraq. We joined them for tea afterwards and fr Bruno spoke to the people about his meeting with the Christian community in Iraq. Fr Bruno spoke in French which was then translated into Assyrian or modern Aramaic.
- Manuscripts saved from the Islamic State by a Dominican friar, to be exhibited in Rome
- Opening Mass for the Dominican Jubilee
- Archbishop Leonardo Zamora Legazpi, OP, RIP
- From Aleteia: A bishop who tweets, podcasts and talks to the flock from his car
- Dominican Sister tells of experience with refugees