The Master of the Order, fr Bruno Cadoré had appointed fr Miguel Ángel del Río as his new vicar. He succeeds fr Vivian Boland who has been the vicar since November 2012. Fr Miguel is of the Province of Hispania and he is currently the Socius of the Master of the Order for Italy, Malta and the Iberian Peninsula
Fr Miguel was born in Barillos of Arrimadas (León) in 1970. He entered the Order in 1989 and was ordained to the priesthood in 1995. After his ordination, he studied Liturgy at the Pontificio Ateneo San Anselmo in Rome and obtained his doctorate in 1998.
He was prior of the Convent of Ntra. Sra. del Camino (León) for six years. Before his appointment, he was assigned to the Convent of San Esteban (Salamanca) and was a professor and secretary of the Faculty and School of Theology of San Esteban.
- Fr Carlos Azpiroz Costa, OP named Coadjutor Archbishop
- From Aleteia: A bishop who tweets, podcasts and talks to the flock from his car
- Fr Yimmy Caballero Suáres is the New Prior Vice-Provincial of the Vice-Province of Bolivia
- Opening Mass for the Dominican Jubilee
- Fr Juan Luis Mediavilla García is the new Syndic of the Order