Sometimes when we read a story in the bible, it can result in a surprise for us. Today’s first reading might be an example. Deception is used to further God’s plan. The father is tricked. The younger son receives the blessing. But despite this deception, God’s plan is fulfilled.
When we think of God’s plan for us, it often is not clear until we reflect back over our lives. How is it then we discover God’s plan? Perhaps the best way is to put ourselves into the place where we will come to know God and what he wants.
- Homily for Thursday, August 7, 2014
- Revenge: Homily for Saturday, July 15, 2017
- Homily for Friday, December 14, 2012
- Homily for Friday, April 25, 2014
- Homily for Friday, June 20, 2014