Consider the call in today’s gospel. “Cure the sick, raise the dead, cleanse the lepers, drive out demons.” This is quite the homework. Thank goodness that like any good teacher, Jesus gives help. We are never on our own. We live in the Spirit, we receive grace, we have God’s love.
What does this mean for us? That even if we face hardship, persecution, difficulty or suffering, we will never do so alone. God is always with us. And remember: nothing is impossible with God.
- Homily for Tuesday, June 24, 2014
- Homily for Saturday, May 9, 2015
- Homily for Friday, April 11, 2014
- Remember: Homily for Monday, August 21, 2017
- Homily for Thursday, January 15, 2015