When we have something wonderful, we want it to last forever. Peter wanted to erect three booths. Parents want their kids to stay little. We want good experiences to last forever. When it comes to happy things, letting go is difficult. But it is necessary.
Growing means letting go. Baptism meant letting go of sin. Parenthood means allowing children to become independent. Receiving God’s grace means being sent. And true love means independence. Receiving God’s grace means letting go of all that is not God.
- Homily for Tuesday, September 2, 2014
- Homily for Thursday, November 20, 2014
- Homily for Tuesday, December 2, 2014
- Homily for Saturday, January 10, 2015
- Revenge: Homily for Saturday, July 15, 2017