Love. This word is at the center of the gospel. Without love, little in the gospel makes sense. However, today it is difficult to understand exactly what love is. It has been weakened so much. Love, in popular language, can apply to just about anything. In fact, the way it is used, love can be applied to people or things. But someone once said, we love people, and use things, not the other way around.
At the heart of any ministry there is the call to love. But not a sugary sweet love, but one that really challenges. The gospel sees love as the way we are fulfilled, because God is love.
- Homily for Friday, May 2, 2014
- Homily for Friday, November 21, 2014
- Homily for Sunday, August 16, 2015
- Homily for Thursday, August 20, 2015
- Homily for Thursday, July 10, 2014