The first reading today compares two men. The power of one of the men led to sin and death. The power of the other man led to salvation. How is it possible that two men could impact us so differently? Simple. The one powerful action by the fully human and fully divine man was enough to save. It overcame the detriment of the sinful action. We can be saved.
This happens when we open our hearts to the gift from the man of life. When we trust in Jesus, we open our souls to the forgiveness and mercy which saves. We are able to receive the grace of God. We become more and more alive because of Jesus. So, you can trust in the actions of the one man of sin, or place your lives into the divine and human person of Jesus.
- Homily for Thursday, January 22, 2015
- Human: Homily for Saturday, February 25, 2017
- Wickedness: Homily for Tuesday, February 14, 2017
- Mercy: Homily for Friday, August 18, 2017
- Homily for Saturday, January 3, 2015