PRAYER AFTER AN ELECTION
God of all nations,
Father of the human family,
we give you thanks for the freedom we exercise
and the many blessings of democracy we enjoy
in these United States of America.
We ask for your protection and guidance
for all who devote themselves to the common good,
working for justice and peace at home and around the world.We lift up all our duly elected leaders and public servants,
those who will serve us as president, as legislators and judges,
those in the military and law enforcement.
Heal us from our differences and unite us, O Lord,
with a common purpose, dedication, and commitment to achieve liberty and justice
in the years ahead for all people,
and especially those who are most vulnerable in our midst.
- Statement from Archbishop Kurtz, USCCB President
- USCCB President And Domestic Justice Chairman Call For Prayer And Unity In Response To Deadly Charlottesville Attack
- President And Vice President Of The U.S. Conference Of Catholic Bishops Stand In Defense Of All Faiths In Response To Executive Order On Refugees
- How an unqualified Betsy DeVos might actually set school choice back
- Dominican Friars in Southern African fight Corruption in the Government of President Zuma