Last week on Tuesday we celebrated the Assumption of Mary. Mary did not sin, and so Mary did not receive the consequences of sin. She did not die. More than that, today we celebrate her high place in heaven. Mary is our Queen. She is the queen of all saints. Her “yes” to God was total. She did not hold back any part of her will to following God.
What this means for us is a powerful intercessor. We know Mary can only lead us to Jesus. It is not possible she leads us astray. The Eastern Church, in her icons, demonstrates this. Mary is always pictured with a hand pointing to Jesus. He is always the center. Today, may we ask Mary to pray for us, that we too might follow her generous response to God.
- Help the Church in Eastern Europe
- Homily for Saturday, August 15, 2015 (Assumption Mass During the Day)
- Homily for Saturday, August 22, 2015
- Rules: Homily for Friday, July 28, 2017
- Homily for Wednesday, January 21, 2015