Have you ever thought about the persons who made you who you are? Who brought you into the faith? How was it that you became a believer in Jesus Christ? Who influenced your core beliefs? Where did you learn and accept the fundamental principles which guide your life?
For many, the primary relationship of faith was their parents. For others, it might have been a parish priest or a religious sister. Others may have been inspired by people who served the poor, or who prayed deeply. In today’s gospel, we see a whole web of relationships that impacted Bartholomew (called Nathaniel in the gospel). Who brought you to faith? And who is it you bring to Jesus?
- We Know You: Homily for Monday, September 4, 2017
- Homily for Saturday, May 16, 2015
- Homily for Monday, July 7, 2014
- Epiphany Sunday, January 6, 2013
- Homily for Friday, January 16, 2015