Today we learn that there are all different kinds of preachers. We read about Saint Paul, whose efforts are well-documented, and whose success is known. There are those who have left the preaching. And there are those who are downright destructive to the preaching. Today we celebrate Saint Luke. He was an evangelist, and also the author of the Acts of the Apostles. His efforts are noted by Saint Paul as quite helpful.
It serves as a reminder there are zealous and effective preachers, there are those who are holy, but perhaps not as effective. And, there are those who leave altogether, while still others are harmful to the mission. Where do you find yourself? Are you an effective disciple, making other disciples? Are you still trying to figure out what you believe? Or are you a big skeptic? Make time to get to know Jesus better, who can make all things better.
- The Action of the Holy Spirit: Homily for Wednesday, September 13, 2017
- Homily for Wednesday, April 29, 2015
- Homily for Saturday, October 4, 2014
- Jesus the Teacher: Homily for Sunday, August 20, 2017
- Fundraising: Homily for Tuesday, June 20, 2017