If there is one constant in the gospel, it is surprise. We never seem to know what Jesus is going to do next. He spends time with tax collectors and sinners. He cures on the Sabbath. He calls the unlikely. Time and again, Jesus does the unexpected.
And most disciples would also say that Jesus surprises in personal life too. He comes to us in unexpected ways. He encourages unexpected behaviors. He turns the world and its values upside down. And he always leads us to what is beyond anything we can expect.
- Rules: Homily for Friday, July 28, 2017
- Homily for Thursday, January 8, 2015
- Homily for Saturday, July 5, 2014
- Homily for Sunday, August 3, 2014
- Homily for Sunday, March 23, 2014