This might not be the time of year you feel like slowing down. It may not be the time of year you can slow down. But today’s gospel is an invitation to contemplation. As we consider the role and person of Mary, Mother of God, we are given the model of someone with a contemplative heart. And this contemplative heart allows Mary to overcome some very difficult things.
In our lives, too, things can be hard. We can find that so much activity is part of life. It can seem there is no time to think. But is this really true? What if we imitated Mary and treasured what happens in our hearts? What if we made time for prayer and contemplation in our lives? Try to do so during this year.
- Homily for Tuesday, October 7, 2014
- Mary, Mother of God, January 1, 2013
- Homily for Thursday, January 1, 2015
- Immaculate Conception: Will you help me? It is going to be hard. (12-08-16)
- Homily for Saturday, June 28, 2014 (Immaculate Heart of Mary)